Monday, June 15, 2009

Press Start: Super Mario World - Forest of Illusion

Hooray for an update, this time featuring the Forest of Illusion, a doozie of an area. These levels are definitely the most difficult so far in the game.

Levels Completed
- Forest of Illusion 1 (2 Exits), 2 (2 Exits), 3 (2 Exits), 4 (2 Exits)
- Forest Ghost House (2 Exits)
- Forest Secret Area
- Forest Fortress
- Roy's Castle
- Blue Switch Palace

Talk about long levels. Each of the regular stages had two exits each, with some exits just leading to another regular stage.

Well, what's there to say? I had a lot of fun with these levels. Forest of Illusion 1 introduced Wigglers, those caterpillar things which Yoshi can eat up in one gulp. And yes, I lost Yoshi once again... though I did it on purpose this time (I can be such a jerk sometimes. >_>). Forest of Illusion 2 was a swimming level which I'm not very fond of because it just feels slow. This level was really long too and I had to go through it twice. Forest of Illusion 3 is a fun level and brings in the Bob-ombs... in bubbles. All the enemies are in bubbles actually, just floating and randomly popping. Once again, I get Yoshi who I manage to keep the first time through the level. Forest of Illusion 4 was easy as pie (I don't even know what that phrase is suppose to mean). A lot of Lakitus throwing Spinies at you.
The ghost house was kind of hard because in the first area, you're in such an enclosed space with those boos that chase you if you have your back turned to them. Then you've got Eeries which fly across the screen that you need to dodge.

Forest Secret Area is an interesting level too. You've got two platforms that move diagonally up and down and you have to travel on them across a massive hole while dodging flying koopa troopas. I had a lot of fun in this one playing hacky sack, seeing how long I could keep hitting a shell as Cape Mario. Next up is Forest Fortress (Has a ring to it, doesn't it?). First area I goof up and die while trying to dodge the giant logs (at least I think they're logs) while avoiding spinning blades as the screen scrolls. Next area is like Saw, but more entertaining with spinning blades everywhere you go. If you have Cape Mario and go past the first door, then fly across the lava pit until you reach the end, you can get a ton of green mushrooms. The boss here is just another squad of those fireball shooting triceratops.

Roy's Castle, here we go. The first time through, I end up dying. Mainly because I misjudged my spacing and got hit by a fireball and fall down a hole. The first area you have to travel across a moving platform made out of those blocks which move like the snake in the game Snake while the second area has you jumping over statues shooting fireballs at you while dodging flames. I died in the second area. Anyway, after all that, you get to Roy which is the same as Morton but the walls close after every hit. This was the easiest boss yet. I beat him in about 10 seconds or so. Wow.

Well now that I'm out of the forest, it's onto the delicious Chocolate Island.

Forest of Illusion (Part 1) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdpxweYKVc4
Forest of Illusion (Part 2) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYW9aChiuRw
Forest of Illusion (Part 3) - Chttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIWlxfvXTE8

No comments:

Post a Comment