Saturday, August 8, 2009

Press Start: Super Mario World - Bowser's Castle

So we've finally reached the end of Super Mario World! It only took like.. a few months. Ahem. At any rate, after this post, I'll have a review up of the game.

Just a quick note that I did find the missing exit. It was in the Donut Secret 1 level (I placed it at the end of the Special World - PArt 2 video). Seems like I forgot about beating the level normally.

Anyway, onto Bowser's Castle. Now depending on the paths you take, this can be one of the most difficult levels or easiest levels in the game. In the first two sections, you get to choose which door you go through which determines the area you will have to go through. I went through the two easy sections.

For the first section, I went through door 2 which has me climbing on the fence and dodging a few fireballs. Unless I purposely jump down or run into the fireballs, it's very easy to go through. Then I went through door 7 which is a bit harder. You have some stationary statues shooting mini fireballs at you and gold versions of the statues that hop towards you. A little patience gets me through quite easily.

The third section (which you can start the level at if you go through the back door passage) is also quite simple. The room starts out dimmed but I hit a switch that activates a floating disco ball to shine down. In this part of the level are Ninjis, black star-shaped things that are so cute but all they do is jump so it's easy to take care of them and there's Mechakoopas which are just as easy to take out.

Finally, at the end room is Bowser. He sits on his floating bowl that has a happy face on it. There's three parts to defeating him. In the first part, all he does is float around. Not jumping at him gaurantees Iwon't get hit. Then eventually, he throws down two Mechakoopas. I jump on one, pick it up, and toss it up into the air and it lands ontop of Bowser's head, hitting him. I do the same with the next Mechakoopa. Two hits and Bowser retreats from the screen, sends down flames which are easily avoided and comes back. Peach appears on the floating bowl, screaming help, and throws down a mushroom.

In the second part of Bowser, he floats around again but stops, flips the bowl upside down, and a giant bowling ball falls and rolls my way. A good timed jump over it dodges. He does it again, sends out some Mechakoopas and just like before, Bowser takes another two hits. He retreats, flames rain down (The flame remains on the ground but there's a space in between each flame that Mario can stand in), Peach shows up and she throws down another mushroom.

The third part of Bowser is the hardest. This time, he bounces on the ground as he tries to hit me. I carefully run past him after he hits the ground and pops back up. He throws down two more Mechakoopas. It's a bit harder to hit him this time around since he's still bouncing my way but I manage to take him out all the same.

So, once I've beaten him, Peach drops down and Bowser spins away into the sky. MArio and PEach share a kiss and the end credits roll.

And there you have it. The end of Super Mario World with all 96 exits found. I won't say much about the game since I will be doing much of that in my review so keep watching for that in the next post or two.

Bowser's Castle - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRgr7NA9GAA

I've included the ending and credits at the end of the game.

No comments:

Post a Comment