Sunday, May 31, 2009

Press Start: Super Mario World - Donut Plains

Things are going quite smoothly over here, as I finish up the next area of Super Mario World, the Donut Plains. Just why is it called Donut Plains anyway? There's no donuts to be seen.

Levels Completed
- Donut Plains #1 (2 Exits), 2 (2 Exits), 3, 4
- Donut Ghost House
- Donut Secret 1
- Donut Secret House (2 Exits)
- Morton's Castle
- Top Secret Area
- Green Switch Palace

Quite a bit longer than Yoshi's Island here with a few secret exits. Not too much to comment on other than I goofed up here and there. Donut Plains #3 and 4 were extremely easy Once I became Cape Mario which is why he's so awesome. I just fly through the entire level. Although Donut Plains #4 does mark my first death in the game, all because I wanted to grab that moon and I think the game just wanted to get revenge on me for flying through the previous level. Morton's Castle is pretty entertaining, particularly the second area of it but Morton himself is easy, if not easier than Iggy. My timing and aim was a bit off though but ah well.

Donut Plains (Part 1): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P01pJpNFc8c
Donut Plains (Part 2): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCffRe8IVaY

I'll have a post up for the next area, Vanilla Dome, either tomorrow or the day after.

No comments:

Post a Comment